We were on a camping expedition. Following different indigenous peoples around and learning from them. The last village we stopped at was dark when we arrived. The moon was full and the main area was quiet and deserted. We walked to the edge of the village just before a great field of brown grass. A tall fence surrounds the village comprised of tall sharpened sticks mostly. Atop two or four of the posts, sits some mammaloid creature. It's a golden color and has two short ears with a drooping head. A little boy walks up behind us before we have time to inspect the creature fully.
"What is this?" I ask the little boy.
"This is what keeps the lions away." says boy "It is their only son."
I look again to the lifeless mass in horror. A terrifying sense of corruption and disgust washes over me.
"You did this?" I ask the small boy with an amused look on his face.
"Yes, I did this." he offers gladly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment